Egyptian Football Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Egyptian Football Network

This is a forum created mainly for Discussing our favourite game of football and it's gonna be also open for discussing any Intresting topics that the members wanna discuss.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ferdinand a step away from Sunderland move

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mahdiano
EFN's God Father
Mahdiano

Number of posts : 1001
Fav. Teams : F.C Internazionale Milano
Fav. Players : Materazzi , Ibrahimovic , Quaresma , Adriano and Zanetti
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Ferdinand a step away from Sunderland move Empty
PostSubject: Ferdinand a step away from Sunderland move   Ferdinand a step away from Sunderland move EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 1:42 am

Sunderland Reach Ferdinand Deal

Anton Ferdinand is a massive step closer to leaving Upton Park after West Ham announced that they have agreed to sell him to Sunderland for a fee believed to be in the region of £8million.

Black Cats boss Roy Keane intensified his efforts for the 23-year-old defender in recent weeks, and it now appears that his charm offensive has paid dividends.

"The board have accepted the bid," Hammers chief Alan Curbishley revealed to the BBC.

"Anton has not renegotiated his contract, and the decision was taken out of my hands.

"I don't know where Anton is in terms of signing for Sunderland but once the club accept the bid, it moves on."

The Black Cats have been among England's biggest spenders during the summer, as they attempt to lift themselves above the relegation scrap.

Manager Roy Keane had already drafted in the likes of El-Hadji Diouf, Pascal Chimbonda, Teemu Tainio and Steed Malbranque before completing the signings of Djibril Cisse and David Healy yesterday.
Back to top Go down
https://egyfn.forumotion.net
Mahdiano
EFN's God Father
Mahdiano

Number of posts : 1001
Fav. Teams : F.C Internazionale Milano
Fav. Players : Materazzi , Ibrahimovic , Quaresma , Adriano and Zanetti
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand a step away from Sunderland move   Ferdinand a step away from Sunderland move EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 1:44 am

will be a very good addition to the black cats
Ferdinand is a very good defender and he used to be very good at West Ham.
Sunderland are havin a very good start at the new season and doin very good in the market as well.
Back to top Go down
https://egyfn.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Sunderland have completed the signing of West Ham defender Anton Ferdinand for an undisclosed fee.   Ferdinand a step away from Sunderland move EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 7:01 am

Ferdinand, the younger brother of Manchester United and England defender Rio, agreed a four-year deal with the Premier League club and becomes Roy Keane's ninth signing since the end of last season.

"We needed to strengthen our defence and Anton is a great signing," Sunderland manager Roy Keane told his club's website.

"He'll bring quality and competition for places which is what we want, hopefully we can take him to another level here at Sunderland.

"He has come through the ranks at West ham and maybe just needs a change."

England Under-21 centre-back Ferdinand admitted it was a tough decision to leave Upton Park after spending so long at the London club.

"It was hard leaving West Ham because I have been there for 16 years but after meeting Roy Keane I knew it was time for a change," Ferdinand said.

"This is a great challenge for me and I feel it is an exciting time at Sunderland. I think the move will do me good."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ferdinand a step away from Sunderland move   Ferdinand a step away from Sunderland move Empty

Back to top Go down

Ferdinand a step away from Sunderland move
Page 1 of 1