Egyptian Football Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Egyptian Football Network

This is a forum created mainly for Discussing our favourite game of football and it's gonna be also open for discussing any Intresting topics that the members wanna discuss.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Valdés: Guardiola Is A Winner

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shiko!

shiko!

Number of posts : 178
Fav. Teams : fc barcelona & zamalek
Fav. Players : rivaldo-messi-maradona-ronaldinho-xavi-puyol-iniesta-cruyff-hazem imam-amr zaky-del piero-buffon
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Valdés: Guardiola Is A Winner Empty
PostSubject: Valdés: Guardiola Is A Winner   Valdés: Guardiola Is A Winner EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 2:49 am

The first choice blaugrana stopper told his official club website that Guardiola was clearly the right man for to succeed Frank Rijkaard.

"There is a new trainer and it is normal for a trainer to want to impose his philosophy and style of play," he began. Guardiola’s been very clear from the start about what he wants from us and it is bearing fruits. I think the team is playing very well and is achieving the things it wants.

"But did he surprise me? Not much. Those of us who are from here knew him as a player and a person and knew that he likes to win, that he knows the club well and that he wants Barça to play attractive and sometimes effective football. It has come as no surprise to me.

"One of the things the manager wants is for the goalkeepers to play a bit more like sweepers behind the defence. That means we have to concentrate for the full 90 minutes, more than before because at any moment you might have to make a run of several meters out of the area. This involves a certain risk but I think it will work well."

With Albert Jorquera soon to recover from injury and José Pinto already on the bench, it is thought that Valdes' first team place could be under threat.

"Competition means you can’t afford to relax at any time," he said. "As well as the competitive spirit each player has, I think competition for places is always good for the team."

Enthusiasm

Morale is high at Camp Nou at present, with apparently fans, players and coaches alike all looking forward to the new season.

"Pep's philosophy? The basis of football is to have fun but it is still just a game. But I always want to win whatever happens. I don’t care if I enjoy myself or not. At this club it is winning that counts," he said.

"As for the fans, the people are enthusiastic because of what they have seen of the preseason. The team has been reinforced and the results speak for themselves. The people are excited about the season, and as the manager said on the day of his presentation, our challenge is to win over the fans again by winning titles."
Back to top Go down

Valdés: Guardiola Is A Winner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Egyptian Football Network :: Specific Sections :: Spanish Football :: F.C Barcelona-
Jump to: