Egyptian Football Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Egyptian Football Network

This is a forum created mainly for Discussing our favourite game of football and it's gonna be also open for discussing any Intresting topics that the members wanna discuss.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Owen in , Martins out

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mahdiano
EFN's God Father
Mahdiano

Number of posts : 1001
Fav. Teams : F.C Internazionale Milano
Fav. Players : Materazzi , Ibrahimovic , Quaresma , Adriano and Zanetti
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Owen in , Martins out Empty
PostSubject: Owen in , Martins out   Owen in , Martins out EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 1:33 am

Owen Wants An Injury-Free Campaign

Michael Owen's first game back from injury was highlighted with a well-headed goal. The England international is now targeting a year of good fitness, and aims to put his injury woes behind him...

Michael Owen's Newcastle career has been marred by injuries, despite this the 28-year old has still managed to accumulate a one in two goal ratio that his manager Kevin Keegan has called 'incredible'.

Owen replaced Nigerian forward Obafemi Martins in the weekend's game versus Bolton Wanderers, and netted the only goal of the game.

He told the club's official website: "I wouldn’t be out here if I wasn’t 100 per cent but you can’t have the illness that I’ve had and then just go and train and then after two minutes go and play straight away."

"You need to almost harden your body. Like last season when the manager took over, I played almost 20 games under his reign and there wasn’t even an ounce of a problem because your body gets hardened to playing," he said.

"When I’ve struggled it’s when I’ve been stop-start. The first 10 training sessions and the first two or three games after I’ve got injured are very important and, as long as I can get through the next couple of weeks – the next couple of games – then I’m off and away," he concluded.

Because of the injury Martins picked up in the last game, Michael Owen may even feature midweek in the Magpies Carling Cup clash with Coventry City, even though Keegan was opposed to rushing him back.
Back to top Go down
https://egyfn.forumotion.net
EL LODDZ
EFNs #1 PREDICTOR
EL LODDZ

Number of posts : 368
Fav. Teams : LIVERPOOL FC, EL AHLY
Fav. Players : STEVEN GERRARD, FERNANDO TORRES, RYAN BABEL
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Owen in , Martins out   Owen in , Martins out EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 8:43 am

I REALLY THINK THAT NEWCASTLE COULD FINISH IN THE 5th OR 6th SPOT THIS YEAR THEY ARE A PRETTY GOOD TEAM, AND WITH MICHEAL OWEN ON THEIR SIDE WITHOUT ANY INJURIES I THIN THEY COULD GO ALL THE WAY.
Back to top Go down
https://egyfn.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Mahdiano
EFN's God Father
Mahdiano

PostSubject: Re: Owen in , Martins out   Owen in , Martins out EmptyWed Aug 27, 2008 6:21 pm

I think our main obstacle for recent years has been our defensive lines n bad luck with injuries
this season we strengthened our back line with the addition of Coloccini and i hope now bad luck with injuries wont step at our side hopefully cause if this happen i can see Magpies finish 5th or who knows Very Happy
Back to top Go down
saftawy

saftawy

Number of posts : 212
Fav. Teams : bayern munchin ismaily fc
Fav. Players : Micheal ballack
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Owen in , Martins out   Owen in , Martins out EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 9:50 am

mahdy ur a newcastle fan ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mahdiano
EFN's God Father
Mahdiano

PostSubject: Re: Owen in , Martins out   Owen in , Martins out EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 7:31 pm

saftawy wrote:
mahdy ur a newcastle fan ? Very Happy

not a fan , i just like them in EPL , they r the team i cheer 4 in EPL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Owen in , Martins out   Owen in , Martins out Empty

Back to top Go down

Owen in , Martins out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Egyptian Football Network :: Specific Sections :: English Football :: Newcastle Utd-
Jump to: