Egyptian Football Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Egyptian Football Network

This is a forum created mainly for Discussing our favourite game of football and it's gonna be also open for discussing any Intresting topics that the members wanna discuss.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg

Go down 
+5
DV7
mizo madrid
puddsy
shiko!
Mahdiano
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mahdiano
EFN's God Father
Mahdiano

Number of posts : 1001
Fav. Teams : F.C Internazionale Milano
Fav. Players : Materazzi , Ibrahimovic , Quaresma , Adriano and Zanetti
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg Empty
PostSubject: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 5:32 am

CL Preview: Atlético Madrid – Schalke 04

What: Champions League Third Qualifying Round, Second Leg
Who: Atlético Madrid vs Schalke 04
When: 20:45 CET - Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Where: Vicente Calderon, Madrid

The Vicente Calderon is no stranger to shattered dreams and broken hearts, and come Wednesday night the home of Atlético Madrid is going to have another tale to add to it’s long list of sob stories. The stadium, along with all those in it, will witness ninety minutes or more of season defining football, which will ultimately end with the destruction of Champions League dreams for either Atlético Madrid or Schalke 04.

Der Steiger Kommt

With the first half of the tale already told there is little doubt that the dreams of the Germans are closer to reality than those of the Spaniards. For Fred Rutten and his side the mission come Wednesday night is simple; don’t lose. If they succeed in that then their 1-0 victory in the first leg will carry them through to the Champions League group stage and will leave Atlético yet again wondering what could have been.

Not that it is over for Los Rojiblancos by any means. Despite a nightmare performance in the Veltins Arena they somehow managed to walk away with just a single goal defeat, a deficit which they will be confident of overturning in their own stadium. Indeed, as if having a vociferous home support wasn’t enough help in doing so then they have also been granted a few other life-lines.

The first of which is the growing injury sheet of their opponents. Fred Rutten will be without the vital quartet of Manuel Neuer, Orlando Engelaar, Jermaine Jones and Mladen Kristajic, all of whom are sidelined for the match. He is also likely to be without Jefferson Farfan who injured his shoulder in the first leg, although there are signs that the Peruvian could yet play a part in the game.

Rich Pickings

Javier Aguirre on the other hand will have nearly a full team sheet to choose from and it is unknown yet whether he will even play his trump card, Sergio Aguero. The young Argentine may have brushed aside claims that he is the ‘saviour’ for Atlético, but there is little doubt that the morale of fans and team mates alike has been boosted by his return. Whether he starts or not after only flying back from the Olympics a few days ago remains to be seen, but it would be highly surprising if he did not play some part in the match.

Schalke have also seen the return of an Olympiad in the form of Brazilian defender Rafinha and they will no doubt take heart from the fact they have not lost once in their last eleven competitive matches. Indeed, the Germans currently sit second in the Bundesliga after two rounds of matches and looked very impressive as they swept aside Hannover 3-0 in their opening encounter.

Atlético on the other hand have continued their woeful pre-season by narrowly edging past Sporting Gijon on penalties in the semi final of the Copa Teresa Herrera and then getting deservedly beaten by Deportivo in the final. The only positive which Aguirre can take from the tournament is that the recalled Maniche performed well and even grabbed a goal, possibly putting himself in contention to play against Schalke.

With Schalke likely to play relatively defensively the return of Maniche couldn’t be timed better for Atlético, as neither Raul Garcia or Paulo Assuncao possess the same creativity as the Portuguese international. If he is on song and Aguero plays from the start then Fred Rutten and his side will certainly have a busy evening.

For the Germans it is likely to be a much less creative game plan but one which requires much less to succeed. If they score first then Atlético will have to score three to win the tie, a feat which, based on the first leg performance, looks nigh on impossible.

FORM GUIDE

Schalke:

1st August: Aachen 0 Schalke 4
9th August: Homburg 0 Schalke 3
13th August: Schalke 1 Atlético Madrid 0
16th August: Schalke 3 Hannover 0
23rd August: Werder Bremen 1 Schalke 1

Atlético Madrid:

2nd August: Alcala 0 Atlético Madrid 4
5th August: Atlético Madrid 4 Rayo Vallecano 2
13th August: Schalke 1 Atlético Madrid 0
18th August: Sporting Gijon 3 Atlético Madrid 3
19th August: Deportivo 2 Atlético Madrid 1

TEAM NEWS

Atlético Madrid

Javier Aguirre will yet again have the luxury of been able to pick his strongest eleven for this crunch match. The main decision for the coach will be whether Sergio Aguero starts the game or if he comes off the bench to possibly replace Florent Sinama Pongolle. If he does start then it is undoubtedly a gamble with the amount of games the Argentine has played but if he doesn’t then fingers could be pointed if Atlético crash out.

Another interesting selection could well be in midfield where previously outcast midfielder Maniche seems to be coming back into favour. The Portuguese international scored against Sporting Gijon last week and it will be intriguing to see whether having seemingly won Aguirre over again he will be selected.

Probable Starting XI: Coupet – Lopez, Heitanga, Ujfalusi, Perea – Simao, Raul Garcia, Assuncao, Maxi Rodriguez – Forlan, Aguero

Schalke 04

Fred Rutten will be without many of his biggest players for this key match including Manuel Neuer, Orlando Engelaar, Jermaine Jones and Mladen Kristajic. It also seems unlikely that Jefferson Farfan will play after injuring his shoulder in the first leg, although the coach has not ruled him out.

On a plus note the German side have welcomed back Rafinha from the Olympics by putting him into the squad for the match on Wednesday. Rutten has said he is unsure yet whether or not he will start the match but it seems likely that if fit he will slot in at right back.

Probable Starting XI: Schober – Pander, Bordon, Westermann, Rafinha – Kobiashvili, Ernst, Grossmuller – Kuranyi, Rakitic, Altintop

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Atlético Madrid

With so much resting on his young shoulders it will be hard not to focus on Sergio Aguero come Wednesday evening. The Argentinean international showed at the Olympics just why he is regarding as one of the most precocious talents in the world and Atlético should be a revitalized force with him the ranks. Last season his partnership with Diego Forlan was one of the most prolific in Europe and Aguirre will be hoping that they can quickly gel again to fire the team to the group stages.

The only concern for the coach will be whether or not the striker is fully fit after flying back from China just a few days ago. If he isn’t then starting him could be a gamble, but it might be one that at this stage Atlético will have to take.

Schalke

With an ever growing injury list Fred Rutten will be relying on one of his most consistent strikers to deliver the goods and send Schalke through to the group stages. Kevin Kuranyi has already found the net twice in the Bundesliga and as the front man in a defensive looking side he should fancy his chances in the Calderon. With his strong aerial abilities and good movement he was a constant menace to the Atlético Madrid defence in Germany and he will be hoping for more of the same in Madrid. The only worry for Rutten though is that with many of his more creative talents sidelined Kuranyi may find himself isolated upfront.

PREDICTION

With a packed Vicente Calderon behind them and Kun in the ranks Atlético will definitely fancy their chances of overturning a single goal deficit, but it will be important that they do not rush matters. Schalke aren’t likely to come out all guns blazing and will most probably play reasonably defensively and try to hit the killer blow on the counter.

If the Spanish side can improve on their performance in the first leg though and can find some creativity then they should take advantage of Schalke’s injury woes and progress to the group stages.

Last edited by Mahdiano on Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://egyfn.forumotion.net
shiko!

shiko!

Number of posts : 178
Fav. Teams : fc barcelona & zamalek
Fav. Players : rivaldo-messi-maradona-ronaldinho-xavi-puyol-iniesta-cruyff-hazem imam-amr zaky-del piero-buffon

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 4:18 am

i think it will be a great match
hope that aguero can make the difference with his unbalivable talents i think
a great win for atletico madrid 3-1 in a tough match
Back to top Go down
Mahdiano
EFN's God Father
Mahdiano

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 4:23 am

i hope Atl. madrid make it 2 the group stages
they will be a better addition to the CL than Shalke
but also Shalke will be considered a loss , must say the draw was tough 4 both teams
Shalke last season was among the final 8 in the CL

Aguero is goin 2 be the player to look at in this game n i'm sure he will be able to make the difference
Back to top Go down
puddsy

puddsy

Number of posts : 95
Fav. Teams : Arsenal
Fav. Players : Samir Nasri

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 4:57 am

2-1 Atletico, Schalke through on away goals
Back to top Go down
Mahdiano
EFN's God Father
Mahdiano

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 5:01 am

puddsy wrote:
2-1 Atletico, Schalke through on away goals

i can see Atl. Madrid fans die on this situation
i hope this doesnt happen , 2-0 Atl Madrid n this how it's gonna be
Back to top Go down
mizo madrid

mizo madrid

Number of posts : 180
Fav. Teams : realmadrid,ahly
Fav. Players : raul,casillas,abo terika

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 3:28 pm

it will be a great match between shalke and atl.madrid and atl.madrid will win cause atl.madrid play a very good type football with a talented players they will win 3-0.
Back to top Go down
DV7

DV7

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 3:41 pm

Schalke through on away goals, 2-1.
Back to top Go down
EL LODDZ
EFNs #1 PREDICTOR
EL LODDZ

Number of posts : 368
Fav. Teams : LIVERPOOL FC, EL AHLY
Fav. Players : STEVEN GERRARD, FERNANDO TORRES, RYAN BABEL
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 4:43 pm

ATL.MADRID WILL HUMILIATE SHALKE ON THE FIELD.
THE FINAL SCORE WILL BE 3-1
Back to top Go down
https://egyfn.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Shinnawy
EFN's Joker
EFN's Joker
Shinnawy

Number of posts : 292
Fav. Teams : Manchester United, El-Ahly
Fav. Players : Ronaldo,Vidic,Abou Trika

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 9:04 pm

aguerowilllead at madrid tothe group stage 3-1 like loddz said
Back to top Go down
Mahdiano
EFN's God Father
Mahdiano

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 3:55 am

WAW
That was a hell of a performance n a very big score
4-0 i didnt expect that rly , this was supposed 2 be an equal chances clash
I Think Atl. showed their strength 2day and Aguero did his thing as usual
Congratulation 2 Atl. Madrid they will definatly be a great addition 2 the CL
The legendary Diego Armando Maradonna was watchin the game in the stands
Back to top Go down
EL LODDZ
EFNs #1 PREDICTOR
EL LODDZ

Number of posts : 368
Fav. Teams : LIVERPOOL FC, EL AHLY
Fav. Players : STEVEN GERRARD, FERNANDO TORRES, RYAN BABEL
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 4:03 am

AS I EXPECTED ATL.MADRID DOMINATED THE MATCH AND HUMILIATED THEM ON THE PITCH. 4-0
Back to top Go down
https://egyfn.forumotion.net/forum.htm
saftawy

saftawy

Number of posts : 212
Fav. Teams : bayern munchin ismaily fc
Fav. Players : Micheal ballack

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 7:50 am

i must say i was really dissapointed to c a german team fail like that but the squad is terrible kuranyi sux westermann needs alot burdo is good though but atlitco madrid is gr8 full of starz i love the way the play and the fan s i mean omg but yet another spain prevail over germany in sports this year really dissapointing though but i guess its ok atlc. madrid is a gr8 team
Back to top Go down
saftawy

saftawy

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 7:53 am

EL LODDZ
seriosly ur beginig to piss me off how in the world would u expect atlitco madrid to humiliate schalke u comparing a team that has been going to the qurater final and the 1 round for the lost couple of years with the team that hasn't been to the champions league for i don't know how long and u v seen how shalke dominated the first leg if it wasn't for the ton of appsence shalke would have probably dileverd a much better game
Back to top Go down
Mahdiano
EFN's God Father
Mahdiano

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 7:58 am

saftawy wrote:
EL LODDZ
seriosly ur beginig to piss me off how in the world would u expect atlitco madrid to humiliate schalke u comparing a team that has been going to the qurater final and the 1 round for the lost couple of years with the team that hasn't been to the champions league for i don't know how long and u v seen how shalke dominated the first leg if it wasn't for the ton of appsence shalke would have probably dileverd a much better game

calm down saftawy , man we aint here 2 fyt
plus this aint somethin 2 argue about
i'm sure i watched the whole match n i can call what i saw humiliation
4-0 this is even more than i expected n u can read ma predictions
yes i expected Atl. 2 advance but not 4-0
Shalke 2day wasnt havin a good day and it was mostly a 1 way match.
Back to top Go down
saftawy

saftawy

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 8:31 am

i agree and a appolgize for the tone but thats what im sayin no body saw that coming maybe a victory for atletco but not a 4-0 it was a humuliation i agree but as i said what im arguing that it wasn't expected
Back to top Go down
Mahdiano
EFN's God Father
Mahdiano

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 8:58 am

i appreciate ur love for German football saftawy n it's ok bro we all go through these comments dont worry Wink
Back to top Go down
ahmed abdelrahman

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:43 am

atleco madrid returned back to champions league after long time
congratulation to me - mahdi -mazen
hard luck for safti
hard luck for shiko , I know he hates atleco madrid
Back to top Go down
Mahdiano
EFN's God Father
Mahdiano

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 9:54 am

Thanx Ahmed
it was a good game , wasnt it
and yea i really wanted Atl. Madrid 2 qualify , i have nothin against Shalke n i'm so sorry 4 them i really wished they would have drawn another team cause this one was rly tough.
Back to top Go down
mizo madrid

mizo madrid

Number of posts : 180
Fav. Teams : realmadrid,ahly
Fav. Players : raul,casillas,abo terika

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 4:24 pm

ya atl.madrid played a very good game and they deserved a win not by 2goals but by 4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg   Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg Empty

Back to top Go down

Atl.Madrid vs Shalke - UEFA CL Qualifications 2nd leg
Page 1 of 1