Egyptian Football Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Egyptian Football Network

This is a forum created mainly for Discussing our favourite game of football and it's gonna be also open for discussing any Intresting topics that the members wanna discuss.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Juventus Injuries

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Joe

Joe

Number of posts : 47
Fav. Teams : Juventus
Fav. Players : Del Piero, Camoranesi, Nedved, Trezeguet, Buffon
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Juventus Injuries Empty
PostSubject: Juventus Injuries   Juventus Injuries EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 2:49 am

Currently we are having some problems in defence and midfield with injuries.
Chiellini will be out for the next month or more.
Knezevic will soon recover however I doubt he can take the responsibility of replacing chiellini.
Marchionni, Camoranesi, Marchisio and Nedved have all just returned to training after recovering from injuries.
Cristiano Zanetti is still injured and Manninget was hurt in the international friendly with Austria.

I will update you soon!!
Back to top Go down
Mahdiano
EFN's God Father
Mahdiano

Number of posts : 1001
Fav. Teams : F.C Internazionale Milano
Fav. Players : Materazzi , Ibrahimovic , Quaresma , Adriano and Zanetti
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Juventus Injuries Empty
PostSubject: Re: Juventus Injuries   Juventus Injuries EmptySat Aug 30, 2008 3:31 pm

Ranieri loses Trez in Florence

Saturday 30 August, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Trezeguet is out of Sunday’s showdown with Fiorentina, joining a growing injury list. “The tests never end,” sighs Claudio Ranieri.

Juventus already had to do without Cristiano Zanetti, Marco Marchionni, Giorgio Chiellini and the suspended Mohamed Sissoko.

Pavel Nedved has recovered from a knock to the ankle to feature on the week of his 36th birthday, but Trezeguet’s right knee problem has flared up again and he won’t even make the trip.

“I had rested him for the second leg of the Champions League preliminary round, but he said he still feels pain, so it’s best to let him recover fully and have him fully prepared in two weeks,” explained the Coach.

“We’re not lacking in alternatives and this is precisely why we signed Amauri over the summer. I’ve always said I have four first choice strikers.”

The Brazilian is a contender to start alongside Alessandro Del Piero in Florence, although Vincenzo Iaquinta has also shown good form.

“The difference between them is that Amauri helps the team to move up the field, whereas Iaquinta is better at attacking the space. Our style remains the same whoever I pick, so I never want to cage the creative talents in the final third.”

Juve are back in Europe and open their Serie A season against old rivals Fiorentina, who also returned to the continental stage this week.

“We are facing a team who went through the Champions League preliminary round and therefore has the same basic fitness levels as we do.

“The Scudetto race will have the same sides as last season, with the added bonus of a reinforced Milan,” continued Ranieri.

“I place Fiorentina among the contenders, who already proved last year they could handle Serie A and the UEFA Cup commitments.

“The Della Valle brothers have revived this club from Serie C2 to a top team. Their philosophy has always been about fair play and respect for opponents. I hope it will be an attractive and entertaining game, that the fans come to cheer on their teams and may the best side win.”

Originally the Juve fans were banned from travelling to Florence for this clash, as the intense rivalry has caused problems in the past, but the authorities decided to put some faith in the supporters for the new season.

The Bianconeri finished third last term after promotion from Serie B and their fans are demanding a return to the top of the table.

“Are we the anti-Inter squad? We’re working on it and building to be on a par with the best teams in Europe.”

They face a tough test to get past the first round of the Champions League, having drawn Real Madrid, European Super Cup winners Zenit and Bate Borisov.

“We already knew Zenit were strong even before seeing them beat Manchester United last night. They have the right quality and determination, playing a 4-3-3 which effectively allows them to defend with five men, as they all move forward and back in unison.”

Juventus squad: Buffon, Mellberg, Salihamidzic, Amauri, Iaquinta, Del Piero, Nedved, Chimenti, Manninger, Knezevic, Camoranesi, Poulsen, Marchisio, Giovinco, Grygera, Ekdal, Molinaro, De Ceglie, Tiago, Legrottaglie
Back to top Go down
https://egyfn.forumotion.net

Juventus Injuries
Page 1 of 1