Egyptian Football Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Egyptian Football Network

This is a forum created mainly for Discussing our favourite game of football and it's gonna be also open for discussing any Intresting topics that the members wanna discuss.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

US open and the world ranking

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shiko!

shiko!

Number of posts : 178
Fav. Teams : fc barcelona & zamalek
Fav. Players : rivaldo-messi-maradona-ronaldinho-xavi-puyol-iniesta-cruyff-hazem imam-amr zaky-del piero-buffon
Registration date : 2008-08-22

US open and the world ranking Empty
PostSubject: US open and the world ranking   US open and the world ranking EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 7:50 pm

after the olympic golden medal of the matadour rafael nadal and becoming the world number with 800 points gap could roger fedrrer catch him in this grandslam or djokovic can decrease the 800 points gap between him and roger fedrrer and puts pressure on him?
and here is the main official draw link:http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/draws/ms/r1s1.html
after a quick look on this draw we will find the following:
newly-crowned world number one Rafa Nadal will launch his assault on the US Open trophy with an opening round match against a qualifier.

Rafa is looking to clinch his third Grand Slam tournament this season. However, there is a long way to go: He could meet big-serving Croat Ivo Karlovic, the number 13 seed, in the third-round with a potential quarter-final clash with David Nalbandian. In the semis he could face Spain's David Ferrer, the number four seed

Second seed Federer, gunning for his fifth straight title, is up against 114th-ranked Maximo Gonzalez of Argentina.

Awaiting the Swiss in the last four is Serbian Novak Djokovic, the reigning Australian Open champion and a runner-up finish in Flushing Meadows last year.

In the first round, Djokovic, the number three seed, drew Frenchman Arnaud Clement, who reached the quarter-finals at Wimbledon in July
US open and the world ranking Us4xz6.th
US open and the world ranking Us3hi2.th
US open and the world ranking Us2gs1.th
US open and the world ranking Us1or8.th
Back to top Go down
shiko!

shiko!

Number of posts : 178
Fav. Teams : fc barcelona & zamalek
Fav. Players : rivaldo-messi-maradona-ronaldinho-xavi-puyol-iniesta-cruyff-hazem imam-amr zaky-del piero-buffon
Registration date : 2008-08-22

US open and the world ranking Empty
PostSubject: Re: US open and the world ranking   US open and the world ranking EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 6:03 pm

RAFA POWERS ON AT THE US OPEN

Rafa Nadal overpowered American qualifier Ryler DeHeart 6-1 6-2 6-4 on Thursday to reach the third round of the U.S. Open.

Top-seeded Rafa, who was pushed to two tiebreakers by German qualifier Bjorn Phau in the first round, blasted his way past DeHeart, losing serve just once in the battle of left-handers that closed the fourth day of play.

The 22-year-old Spaniard was in total command, landing 70 percent of his first serves and facing just one break point from the DeHeart, who cashed it in and led 3-0 in the third set

Rafa brought the 24-year-old American, ranked 261 and playing in his first grand slam, back to earth by winning the next five games and then closing out the match with a sizzling forehand winner to serve out his victory.

"The important thing was I had to come back in the third set and I'm happy with the victory," said Rafa.

The Spaniard had complained of fatigue after his opening match on Monday, a hangover from a busy season that included title runs at the French, Wimbledon and Beijing Olympics.

He was full of energy against DeHeart on the Arthur Ashe Stadium court, needing only 19 minutes to claim the first set and less than an hour to take a two-sets lead.

"I forgot a little bit about tennis," the revitalised Spaniard said about his time off. "I played golf on Tuesday.

"Now I'm in the third round. I'm happy. For me it's a very important tournament here," said Rafa, who was eliminated in the fourth round last year.

Rafael winner of 40 of his last 41 matches, next meets 71st-ranked Viktor Troicki of Serbia.

"I have to improve for the next round," he said. "I have a tough opponent, Troicki. He is a good server."

Vamos Rafa!!!
Back to top Go down

US open and the world ranking
Page 1 of 1